February 11, 2008

It is wise

Not to try and walk when your foot is asleep. I learned this lesson the VERY hard way on Friday night. I was sitting here at the computer as I usually do, with one foot tucked under my leg. Well that foot fell asleep...and I could feel the little bees buzzing around in there. What I couldn't feel was the floor underneath my foot, which I discovered when I tried to take a step. I did however feel the floor on my face as I stumbled over some miscellaneous transformer or dinosaur...or maybe it was Noah's big old shoe...and tumbled to the ground spraining not just one, but both ankles...Ohhhhh the pain. Noah came running, I whimpered like a baby and crawled around on my hands and knees trying to figure out HOW I was going to get downstairs. I made it, took a handful of ibuprofen, and called my mommy. She came over to take a look at the grapefruits formerly known to me as ankles, and said "yep, they are sprained." Well gee...no kidding. ;) (Love you mom!) Noah lovingly (lovingly, not gently) wrapped some frozen vegetables around my ankles along with a couple blankets around me because I was shivering (a little shock from the pain) and has been running here there and everywhere to get me what I need for the last 48 hours since the thought of moving reduces me to a whimpering whining very unattractive Sarah. I woke up this morning feeling a bit better though, and hobbled in to do some work. The left ankle is much less swollen and painful, so I can at least gimp about a bit now. Whew...and the moral of this story is - never ever try to walk when your foot is asleep...waking it up can be sooooooo painful!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!! Hope you are back on your feet (no pun intended) soon!

JULIE